2022 Festival Highlights
Enjoy the Parade Again!
How to celebrate Route 66 between now and the festival
- Get your kicks by taking a virtual trip down the Mother Road through Springfield, Missouri with the City of Springfield's Route 66 Story Map. Special thanks to the C.H. Skip Curtis family for providing photographs and captions that make this map possible.
- Explore local sections of Route 66 and support the local restaurants and retailers. Springfield City Council will be reviewing the expansion of sidewalk cafes at tonight’s meeting, so there will be new ways to enjoy your favorites establishments and find new treasures.
- Experience the new Route 66 Food Truck Park on St. Louis Street, just west of the Rail Haven Motel on Glenstone.
- Step back in time at the History Museum on the Square. Explore eight interactive galleries, including the popular Birthplace of Route 66 permanent exhibit. Don’t miss Order Up! The Restaurants of Route 66, on temporary exhibit August 3 through November 6, 2022.
- Pay a visit to the Route 66 Car Museum at College Street and Kansas Expressway. Owner Guy Mace has assembled an incredible collection and it’s available throughout the year in your own backyard.
- Check out the public art along Route 66. This includes fun 1950s neon, Springfield SculptureWalk through downtown and a new sculpture that will be added on College Street in early fall.