2023: Keep it Classic Highlights
2023 Highlighted Announcements
Celebrate Route 66 before and after the festival.
- Get your kicks by taking a virtual trip down the Mother Road through Springfield, Missouri with the City of Springfield’s Route 66 Story Map. Special thanks to the C.H. Skip Curtis family for providing photographs and captions that make this map possible.
- Explore local sections of Route 66 and support the local restaurants and retailers.
- Experience a stay at the Rail Haven Motel on Glenstone Ave.
- Step back in time at the History Museum on the Square. Explore eight interactive galleries, including the popular Birthplace of Route 66 permanent exhibit. Don’t miss Service with a Smile: Route 66 Service Stations, on temporary exhibit through November 5, 2023.
- Pay a visit to the Route 66 Car Museum at College Street and Kansas Expressway. Owner Guy Mace has assembled an incredible collection and it’s available throughout the year in your own backyard.
- Check out the public art along Route 66. This includes fun 1950s neon, Springfield Sculpture Walk through downtown and a sculpture on College St