Cars, Trucks, and Motorcycles
The 2022 Birthplace of Route 66 Festival Parade promises to be the best yet! With more than 700 classic cars, trucks and other surprises, this highly anticipated parade makes it way down Route 66 through Springfield on Friday evening, beginning at 6 p.m.
Those interested may add the parade as a part of their car show registration at no additional cost, or simply register below for the parade only for a $10 donation.
The best viewing locations for the parade are at Park Central Square, near Motorcycle Village at St. Louis and Jefferson, or at many locations along College and St. Louis St. to spread out along the way. Bring your lawn chairs and find a place to sit back and enjoy the ride.
The parade starts at College and Grant and ends at St. Louis and National. The best viewing locations for the parade are at Park Central Square, near Motorcycle Village at St. Louis and Jefferson, or at many locations along College and St. Louis St. to spread out along the way. Bring your lawn chairs and find a place to sit back and enjoy the ride.
Download a printable PDF of the Parade Route Map.
Already registered for the parade?
Watch for an email that will provide you a color-coded dash card that indicates which color zone you will be located in for assembly. The colors are primarily based on the year your vehicle was made. Please make sure it is visible when you arrive at the parade assembly location. You will also receive a dash card when you check in for the show or parade.
To assemble for the parade, arrive between 4 and 5:30 at one of two entry points.
- Check-in #1 parade vehicles will be staged beginning at 4 p.m., on College St. (historic Route 66) between Kansas Expy. and Grant Ave., heading east.
- Check-in #2 parade vehicles will be staged between West Ave. & Kansas, heading east.
Pre-parade parties and cookouts will take place from 4-6 p.m. at the Birthplace of Route 66 Roadside Park, 1200 block of West College and at the Route 66 Car Museum, 1634 W. College. Feel free to walk to either of these parties after you have staged your vehicle. We will also have live entertainment and a short ceremony at 5 p.m. at the Roadside Park.
The parade will kick off promptly at 6 p.m. at the corner of College (Historic Route 66) and Grant. It will proceed east to St. Louis and National. Traffic officers will direct the parade to disperse south on National, but cruisers may continue to head East to Glenstone.
The parade will be organized by class, to be showcased in date order for our parade goers’ enjoyment. Suggested assembly arrival times are listed below, but not mandatory.
- Vintage Era Vehicles (1900-1929) – Assemble at 4 p.m. (Blue Zone)
- Pre-War/Post-War Era Vehicles (1930-1954) – Assemble at 4 p.m. (Green Zone)
- Classic Era Vehicles (1955-1963) – Assemble at 4:15 p.m. (Red Zone)
- Muscle Era Vehicles (1964-1973) – Assemble at 4:30 p.m. (Gold Zone)
- Muscle Era Vehicles (1969-1973) – Assemble at 4:45 p.m. (Pink Zone)
- Modern Era Vehicles (1974-1989) – Assemble at 5:00 p.m. (Purple Zone)
- All RVs, Motorcycles, Modified and Modern Era Vehicles (1990-Present) – Assemble at 5:00 p.m. (Orange Zone)
Can you decide to participate in the parade once you get to the festival? Absolutely! Just arrive at the proper check-in location for your make and model at the proper load-in time, and you can pay the $10 entry fee in cash to participate.
Friday | 6:00 PM